|TIP: To get a high-level overview on chatbots and how they work, check out our full chatbot guide for 2019.|
Chatbots are in a constant state of flux as the AI frontier continues to improve and develop. And they can certainly supplement your current human workforce, not necessarily replace them. However you choose to tailor your chatbot to your customers, fuel up on some of the recent trends and insight into the world of chatbots.
1. There are two types of chatbot & AI engagement: declarative and conversational (Oracle, 2016).
2. Live chat software has a 73% satisfaction rate as a way for customers to interact with businesses (G2’s Facebook Chatbots Guide, 2018).
3. Messaging apps have over 5 billion monthly active users (HubSpot).
4. There are over 300,000 chatbots on Facebook (Venture Beat, 2018).
5. 40% of millennials say that they chat with chatbots on a daily basis (Acquire.io, 2018).
6. The top industries profiting from chatbots are real estate, travel, education, healthcare, and finance (Chatbots Life, 2019).
Statistics about chatbot users
7. 15% of American adults have used a chatbot (Convince and Convert, 2018).
8. 64% of internet users say 24-hour service is the best chatbot feature (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
9. 37% of respondents predict the reason they would use a chatbot is for getting a quick answer in an emergency (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
10. 35% predict they would use a chatbot for a complaint, a problem, or to get detailed answers or explanations (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
11. 55% of respondents say they would most enjoy getting an instant response and answers to simple questions from a chatbot (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
12. 30% worry that a chatbot would make a mistake, such as purchasing the wrong item or making the wrong reservation (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
13. 75% of respondents expect to receive an instant response from chatbots (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
14. 43% of people prefer to deal with a real-life assistant than a chatbot (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
15. 47% of adult internet users in the US felt that chatbots had too many unhelpful responses (Statista, 2018).
16. 34% of respondents say they would use a chatbot to find a human customer service agent (Convince and Convert, 2018).
17. 43% of digital banking users in the U.S. prefer to use a live chat or chatbot to address issues (eMarketer, 2018).
18. 46% of respondents believe that chatbots are used specifically to keep them away from live agents (GetVoip, 2019).
Statistics about chatbots in business
19. Only 0.5% of all B2B companies are using chatbots as of 2018 (NerdyData, 2018).
20. By 2020, it is predicted that 85% of consumer interactions will be handled without a human agent (Chatbots Life, 2019).
21. 80% of businesses are expected to have some sort of chatbot automation by 2020 (Outgrow, 2018).
22. 35% of consumers want to see more companies using chatbots (Opus Research, 2018).
23. 21% of consumers believe chatbots are the easiest way to contact a business (Ubisend, 2019).
24. When communicating with companies, people prefer to use chatbots rather than an app (Outgrow, 2018).
25. In regards to e-commerce, 34% of respondents said they would prefer to answer questions from AI via chatbots or virtual assistants (Chatbots Magazine, 2018).
26. 53% of customers are more likely to shop with businesses that they can message (Outgrow, 2018).
27. 67% of US millennials said they are likely to purchase products and services from brands using a chatbot (Chatbots Magazine, 2018).
28. The chatbot market value was at $703 million in 2016 (Outgrow, 2018).
29. 58% of companies that use chatbots are B2B tech (Ubisend, 2019).
30. 42% of companies using chatbots are B2C (relay, 2018).
31. 41% of people that start online chats with businesses are executives (The State of Chatbots Report, 2018).
32. Over 50% of customers expect a business to be open 24/7 (Oracle, 2016).
33. The average time it takes a company to respond to a message is 10 hours on messaging platforms (Oracle, 2016).
34. Chatbots can save up to 30% in customer support costs (invesp, 2017).
35. 67% of businesses believe that chatbots will outrun mobile apps within the next 5 years (Medium, 2019).
It’s time to up your customer service game with chatbots
While it may be a lot to keep up with, implementing chatbots can redefine your customer satisfaction rates by improving your response times, engagement, and your customers’ interests. Real-time service is invaluable in retaining your current relationships and prospects.
The future of the chatbot revolution is in your hands.
If you’re looking for the best chatbot software, search no further! We have a list of the top-rated programs based on real reviews.