UPPER SANDUSKY — Local Red Cross volunteers were honored for their work with the organization at the American Red Cross North Central Ohio Chapter’s annual meeting and volunteer recognition, held recently at the Upper Sandusky Elks Lodge.
The chapter recognized those who provided exceptional service. Local volunteers and partners honored included: Emily Klein, Findlay, Excellence in Youth Leadership Award; Stephan Mahler, Rawson, Excellence in Disaster Services Award; State Bank and John Whitson, Findlay, Red Cross HERO Award; Joanne Gilmore, Upper Sandusky, Volunteer of the Year Award.
Local volunteers who received the executive director’s special recognition pin were Will and Phyllis Davis, Jeanne Eisentrager, Amy Huber and Tina Sommerville, all of Findlay.
Also recognized during the dinner were retiring board of directors members Lydia Mihalik, Jaclyn Schalk and Whitson, and new board members Lisa Amstutz, Casey Brown, Elba Caldos dos Santos and Robb Koons.
Executive Director Todd James presented service delivery statistics for Red Cross’ fiscal year 2019:
• 106 disaster responses, providing aid to 390 people
• 246 military members and families received aid and services
• 1,243 free smoke alarms were installed
• 18,294 units of blood were collected
• 947 youth received disaster preparedness training in the Pillowcase Project
• 2,651 people trained in first aid/CPR/AED and other life-saving skills.